Despite being slightly worried that the world is going to end as a result of Coronavirus, I’m still working on perfecting my routine and content habits outside of my client work.
While last week, I took a bit of a breather to plan things out going forwards in 2020; this week I’m working on getting back into the regular routine for my core habits and goals.
Let’s get to it.
How Things Went This Week
I got a big boost from the planning I did last week and as a result, got some substantial progress on the things I hoped to.
My Goals for Last Week
- Dribbble shots in the queue ready for getting back to posting in March.
- Blog posts and newsletter repost. Keeping up the three times a week posting schedule.
- Write the weekly newsletter going out later today. Sign up if you haven’t already.
- Release another beat and visual on Youtube.
- Work more on the free iOS design audit book.
- Plan video content (iOS course first).
As I’ve been saying for a few weeks now, I’ll be returning to posting on Dribbble from March and yesterday, I held true to that and got another shot out this morning. Going forwards, I’ll be sharing 1-2 times per week and won’t be going overboard so I can avoid burnout.
Blog & Newsletter Activity
I struggled a bit with this one last week as I’ve had a shitty time sleeping recently and being tired is really not very conducive to getting any good writing done. Despite that, I still managed some solid progress and got the newsletter reposted from last week and a new one out, along with a couple of other articles. Hopefully, next week I can get back into the groove with more substantial writing. Here’s what I got released:
- Everything Is About Momentum – I talk a lot about habits and how important they are in getting things done. In this article, I explain how, over time, those habits add up to the significant results you hope for.
- Pre-Syke.blog Roundup – Before I moved to this blog, I shared a bunch of articles over on Medium. I imported quite a few over during the move, but they all got published on the same day as a result. Here, I break down my 10 favourites and what they’re about.
- Take a F*cking Break – The reason I didn’t get as much writing out this week as I usually do in terms of volume, is because I took a couple of days to recharge and try and catch up on sleep. That break inspired this article. Breaks are important. Take one.
Release Music & Visuals
Got quite a few beats released over on my YouTube this week. Here’s a couple of my favourites:
I’m enjoying making more music and getting another kind of work out there online. I’ll definitely be keeping it up over the coming months.
Free iOS Design Book Update
As I mentioned above, I was a bit slower on the writing front this week. So I didn’t get a huge amount done on the book. Hopefully, in the coming week, I can get some further progress on it and complete my trilogy of free books.
To go along with the iOS book, I hope to work on a course along with it. I’ve been prepping, and writing some script ideas and I’m aiming to kick this off. I think I need to get over the initial bump of knowing the first videos I release will suck. But we’ll see how I get along.
My Goals for Next Week
- Get further ahead on the queue of Dribbble shots so I can have a backlog to work with and share 1-2 times per week.
- Keep up with sharing the weekly newsletter until it’s a habit, just like this log has become.
- Drop down to 1 article (outside of the newsletter repost) for the blog and dedicate more writing time to finishing the last free book and then towards making videos in the coming weeks.
- Continue releasing music and visuals on YouTube as SIN.
Wrapping Up Week Nine
Keeping up the new streamlined format for the log this week. I’m hoping the simple setup and distillation down of the goals will lead to some good results and fresh ideas over the coming weeks.
See you next week. Looking forward to it.
Have a great week ahead.